A Limited Liability Company, also known as an LLC is a type of business structure that allows for pass through taxation. Forming an LLC is easy using this 3 step method.
STEP 1: Choose your Business Name. We will provide FREE unlimited name searches until you decide which one is best for your company.
Then, we will prepare the Articles of Organization and file the documents with the state. In the state of NY the Articles of Organization include the following information:
- Name of the LLC
- Process Address
- Registered Agent (if applicable-but not necessary in NY)
- The LLC is to be managed by; members, managers, class of members or class of mangers
- Organizer of the LLC
STEP 2: Obtain your Tax ID Number for FREE at IRS.gov after the LLC has been filed with the state. The website will ask you a few questions about your business and then instantly generate a Tax ID # for you to print out. Certain businesses require Licenses, Insurance, Permits and more. For more information about Licenses, CLICK HERE.
If you choose to order an Executive LLC Kit it will include the following:
- a Black Binder with LLC name on the spine
- Operating Agreement for you to fill out for your LLC
- Membership certificates
- Transfer ledger
- Metal Embossing Seal
STEP 3: Complete LLC Publishing Requirements. The state of NY requires all new domestic and foreign LLCs to complete a publishing requirement.
If you select our publishing services we can complete the entire process for you!
- Drafting the ad and submitting it to the country clerk for approval and newspaper designation
- Run the ad in 2 newspapers, 1 weekly and 1 daily for a total of 6 weeks
- Receive affidavits from the newspapers
- Draft the certificate of publication and submit it to the department of state along with the affidavits to complete the filing.
Prices for publishing vary based on the county you selected at the time of your LLC filing due to the varying newpaper ad costs.
If you have any questions regarding the LLC 3 step process feel free to give us a call! We are here to help!